11.24.2012

Tourism: Your Hometown

Look at me, I start a blog, get all excited, and then neglect said blog while preparing for and enjoying a trip home back East.  Shame!

Like any great new employee, I took five days off about two months in (oops) which meant the days leading up to The Big Trip were crazy busy at work.  And since my time in New Jersey is rare, I try not to spend much of it in front of the screen.

Enough with the excuses!  Back to celebrating all the goodie goodness in life.

I went home for the amazing, jaw-dropping, tear-jerking wedding of one of my best friends from high school and one of my favorite holidays - Thanksgiving!  The week was jam-packed with family, friends and food.  AKA, the ingredients for total and complete joy.

Here are some previews!

Erin & Daryl's INCREDIBLE wedding!!!

Our super fun trip to Cape May, NJ!


I'll post about the wedding and my trip to Cape May with Webb soon.  For now, enjoy this hilarious SNL digital sketch.  Webb and I make a point to watch SNL each week, and it's mostly miss rather than hit.  But this is all too timely and great.  It's a travel ad for going to your hometown for the holidays, and my mom and I cracked up as it was so accurate, especially getting around in the minivan!  If you ever spend holidays in your childhood bedroom, you will love this.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/tourism-ad/1424422/

I'm already missing the paved streets and bare trees of my chilly hometown!


1 comment:

  1. Great Thanksgiving trip! Glad I could be a part of it. I just showed my mom the "Your Hometown" SNL sketch, and she loved it. So funny. So accurate.

    ReplyDelete