11.07.2012

America

Millions of Americans voicing their opinion?

That's just dee-lightful.

Regardless of who you wanted to end up in the Oval Office, what's clear is one man isn't going to make or break a nation.  We all need to work together.  

I hope you enjoy this inspirational speech by the President.






My election day was fairly standard compared to 2008 when I was in London.  Boston University's online magazine BU Today put together a great piece on that here (and yours truly gets some airtime).  This year, I woke up early, headed downstairs to wait in line (thankfully my polling place was in my building) and checked off the people  I believed in.  As a first time California voter, I enjoyed researching the various propositions and having a choice on specific issues.  While I didn't get an "I voted" sticker to Instagram, I felt proud. After work, Webb and I went into the city to feel the electricity in the air.  After watching results unfold in an Indian restaurant, we then made it over to Brian and Jane's to watch the speeches.  I always love being reminded about our freedom here and what a great, diverse nation we live in.  That is something worth celebrating.



1 comment: