10.22.2012

Sweet Potato with Feta & Honey

On nights when my kitchen is bare and my inner Julia Child is antsy, I walk into Trader Joe's and whisper, "Inspire me".  I then do a lap around the store and see if the Hawaiian shirted pros could step up to my challenge.  

This past Friday night, they did just that.   A few odd ingredients and a little kitchen creativity led me to this new favorite: baked sweet potato with feta & honey.  I did a little kale on the side.  I've been obsessed with the feta/honey combo ever since I tried it in Greece.  Paired with the nutty sweet potato, the combination put me in sweet & savory overdrive.  Yum!

Feta and Honey.  No cheating with low-fat Feta!  It's plastic.


I love my little pan - perfect for solo cooking!  Garlic, onion, olive oil, kale.
And done!  After baking the sweet potato for an hour, I sprinkled on some feta, let it melt in the oven a little, then drizzled the honey.  You can play with proportions to your liking.  I mixed the feta into the potato before I dug in.

Dee-licious! :)


1 comment: