10.25.2012

Pastalicious


Happy World Pasta Day!

My half-Italian self was thrilled to discover today is World Pasta Day (who knew?).  I'm going to think of this as the Universe's way of saying "Go ahead.  Get the made-to-order pasta at lunch today".  Thanks, Universe.  I will.

My lunch.  AKA a 2PM nap.  Worth it.
And wouldn't you know it, this morning Webb said to me, "You know what we should make?  Fresh tomato sauce from tomatoes we pick".  I think I know what this Sunday will consist of.  Granted, I don't think he realizes it's an all day process, but the results?  Dee-licious!

While it's one of my favorite ways to enjoy pasta, red sauce isn't the only way to go.  Some favorites:

-Brown butter, squash, nutmeg.  Perfect for a chilly Fall night.

-Go Greek!  Swap asiago for feta, marinara for Olive Oil & lemon, and load up on the olives.

-Cheese.  Let's be honest, there's nothing more indulgent that Mac & Cheese.  Use a few kinds, and bake it with breadcrumbs on top for a more grown up version.

What are you favorites?

PS. Click this link for FREE PASTA.  Yes, FREE (my favorite word. other than pasta)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm I love pasta! All kinds. Fettuccine alfredo with chicken and sun-dried tomatoes. Butternut squash ravioli with butter and a little brown sugar. Bolognese with fusilli and fresh tomato and basil. I'm making myself hungry! I had no idea today was World Past Day. Great Holiday!

    ReplyDelete