12.03.2012

Cape May


As you know, I simply adore the Jersey Shore.  Ever since I've had a Cali boy in my life, I've been telling him how he just needs to go to the beaches of New Jersey to understand!  Granted November isn't the best month to go, but I finally did get my wish and we spent 24 hours in one of my favorite towns, Cape May.



If you're going to go to a northeastern beach in the winter, Cape May is definitely the place to go.  It's cozy bed & breakfasts remain occupied by mostly couples looking for a getaway. The usually bustling shopping & restaurant district is eerily quiet, but still open.  The combination of the unoccupied streets, crashing waves and cold air made us feel like we were in a Stephen King novel!  But in the best cozy, relaxing, quaint way.

Our bed & breakfast was the adorable Angel of the Sea.  Oprah stayed there!  Obviously, that gives it a gold star in my book.  

We're just like Oprah!
The B&B was stocked with games, books, coffee and tea so it would be tempting to just hang out there for a few days.  They also offer wine, appetizers, a huge breakfast, and bike rentals.  

So many teas!  Not pictured: the cookies and cakes :)
The biggest appeal to the tea & wine times is the chance to chat with the other people staying there.  Webb and I chatted some interesting characters, including a guy who works at a high security prison - he had some pretty crazy stories for us (which only added to the whole Stephen King thing).

For dinner, we shared a delicious lobster bisque and seafood risotto (had to do seafood!) and a few nightcaps at the Ugly Mug, a lunch favorite for my family.  

Pretty crowded on a Monday night in November

The next morning included a big ol' breakfast with our fellow bed & breakfast-ers and a bike ride down the beach and around Cape May's beautiful Victorian homes.
Our view in the morning
Picture with the bell: Required.

Another fun quick trip with my favorite travel buddy :)


How delightful!

2 comments:

  1. It was a perfect trip. Amazing Bed & Breakfast, great restaurant for dinner, awesome bike ride along the beach, great company... it was just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you both had a good trip down the shore!! And San Francisco looks soo good too!

    ReplyDelete