2.14.2013

Inspire Thursday


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths" - Walt Disney

I recently spent my birthday weekend celebrating with old friends in Los Angeles and a stop at the happiest place on earth - Disneyland!  Needless to say, I've been on a Disney kick since then (but when am I not?).   We always say "Disney" in relation to the mega-brand it is, but often forget that was a very cool man's last name.  One morning for breakfast, Webb and I ended up at a restaurant in our hotel which was adorned with pictures of Walt and his swanky Hollywood life.  We noted how charismatic he was.  Not only did he create an entertainment empire, but he knew how to live life to the largest.  

Steakhouse 55 and the Disneyland Hotel
This quote of his, about moving forward and keeping curiosity, inspires me.  Regardless where you feel stuck-- whether it's with work, with people-- you should realize there are always new "doors" and "paths" on the horizon.  it's up to us to keep the curiosity about life to find the bigger and better out there.  Even if we are the happiest we can imagine, we are always moving forward and giving what we can to the world.  I'm lucky enough to work at a subsidiary company of Mr. Disney's himself, and being at Disneyland just inspires me to work hard in an industry that brings laughter and joy to so many people! Where do you want to go?  What paths are you curious about?  Go for it.

Loving the magic that is Disneyland!



1 comment:

  1. I've loved that Walt Disney quote ever since I saw it at the end of Meet the Robinsons. Great post!

    ReplyDelete